The Knitting Book

The Knitting Book
Author and consultant of these titles. Reviews: "When I saw The Knitting Book... I knew I had found the book I needed." "The Knitting Book” is one of those reference books you get when you’re serious about knitting"

Thursday 6 February 2014

Digital knit design

Having spent the day teaching digital knit design to students my head is reeling. It makes me realise how complex and multi-layered my knowledge is. 
Designing a stitch pattern is the 'surface learning', ie 'which stitch should be what colour in order to convey my desired colour pattern', its the texture, formed by stitch structures that add the complexity, let alone knowing how the machine performs the knitting functions and translating the stitch pattern into 'knit speak'.

No comments:

Post a Comment