The Knitting Book

The Knitting Book
Author and consultant of these titles. Reviews: "When I saw The Knitting Book... I knew I had found the book I needed." "The Knitting Book” is one of those reference books you get when you’re serious about knitting"

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Brioche stitch

I am playing with this stitch, in particular it's parallel with machine knit Fisherman's Rib (Cardigan Stitch). I have been helped in this by Nancy Marchant's 'Knitting Fresh Brioche'. The title makes me feel hungry, I can smell buttery brioche and croissant just mentioning it!  However, I digress. 'Knitting Fresh Brioche' is a very useful book in which Nancy writes about two colour brioche in depth. 
As a designer I particularly like the fact that technique and stitch variations are explored and explained whilst garment patterns are kept to a minimum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment